This week was full of preparation. I proceeded with researching CRISPR-Cas9 plasmid isolation, gRNA acquisition and creation, and Viral capsid synthesis. I have also decided on several pivotal aspects of my project. I have decided to treat Beta-Thalassemia, to synthesis Human Mastadenovirus capsids as the viral vector for my CRISPR plasmids, and to use Streptococcus Pyogenes to culture this plasmid. I am currently working on a draft of my lab design, which I will present to Fort Lewis. I hope to have my lab design finished and reviewed by wednesday of next week. I am running into issues with finding the correct parameters for the aqueous solution in which I will be synthesizing my adenoviral capsids. I have reached out to the authors of an article which explains these parameters, and have requested access, but I am yet to hear from them. Moving forward, I plan to continue work on my lab design, and to begin working with Fort Lewis at some point within the next two weeks.